LIGHTS! CAMERA! ACTION!
Do you seek to express your digital voice?
Join us & learn the craft of digital storytelling!
My POV workshops empower participants as digital storytellers to write, craft, and edit a digital story based on a personal experience.
Workshop participants learn how to craft key story ingredients into a memorable video posted online.
First we explore storytelling concepts, then write a short personal story, craft a video script, and then create a digital story through video editing.
- Story narrative written from first person point of view.
- Story narrated by storyteller through audio recording.
- Visuals & sounds, such as photography, video, music and sound effects are gathered and crafted into a video script.
- Video editing conducted by media artist and storyteller.
- Digital stories are posted online.
Workshops consist of 4 weekly 2 hour sessions, plus remote video editing with media artist:
1 – Key Ingredients of First Person Digital Storytelling
Workshop participants learn key concepts within the multiple layers of digital storytelling.
2 – Writing Personal Voice Stories
Workshop participants learn how to write a short first person narrative in a conversational spoken word style.
3 – Crafting a Video Script
Using video script writing techniques, workshop participants develop an audio visual narrative to accompany story narration.
4 – Story Making Production
Workshop participants create and gather media assets and record story narration.
5 – Story Making Video Editing [offsite]
Media Artist edits digital stories remotely and in collaboration with workshop participants.